/..

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chapter 2

Last night we finally made the transition from Newhouse to our new location, Rosewood. It isn't set up like the traditional commercial studio, and to me that's what makes it phenomenal. The guy in the photo's name is Mark; he owns the spot. Been in the game for quite some time now and I learned last night that he also worked alongside Casey & The Sunshine Band with my grandfather. Small world for real. Now that we've settled in for the fall, things at COS will slowly get back to running.

At lot has happened since the release of It's Only Right. I owe it to my fans and followers to keep you all updated in the best ways that I can, and as of late I haven't really been showing face. Both my website and the brand's website have been down with no explanations. But I will now reveal that it was all a part of bad business. Live and learn. My team and I have built so much on our own and I won't allow anyone coming into what we've done for ourselves just to take created for small things that they try to give and offer. Those things will never add up to what we have together at COS.

As far as the music, the general feedback from the tape was very unexpected for me. I don't know why I was looking forward to bad reviews, but I got none. I've been told that the overall sound of the project and DYLTP's visual were both a breath of fresh air for our city. Many have said that the sound could be considered a new sound for the genre. Ousman and I are gearing up to shoot the visual for Summer Club within the coming weeks. Expect it to be better than DYLTP; telling you now lol. It's Only Right didn't really get a chance to fully live and now that things have gotten back in place expect to see more from the project. More visuals. More merchandise. New and improved websites for both COS and myself. But most importantly, more growth.

Welcome to the Rosewood Era.

No comments:

Post a Comment